Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Chocorua

Today, I woke up in the parking lot for Piper Trail trailhead. After hiking Willard yesterday, I went south to Concord so I could take a free and much needed shower at the YMCA, then went grocery shopping. When I arrived here last night, it was gushing rain - I knew it would be a mild but soggy slog today, and it was. I’ve hiked all the 48 four-thousand footers in NH and I can confidently say that Chocorua is one of the best all around hikes. So if you’d like the views, changing forests, varying terrain, waterfalls and rivers, and whatever else a hardy NH hike brings- hike this mountain! Not to mention, it has some of the best old growth spruce-balsam fir forest I’ve seen anywhere. Today was the day my body and mind fully adjusted to being on vacation, and it feels good after a busy fall. It always takes a few days. So much to be thankful for this year. Great hike!




No comments:

Post a Comment