Total Pageviews

Monday, November 6, 2023

Paumanok Trail Ultra

This weekend, I set out to run the 125-mile Paumanok Path site unseen. The day before the race, I dropped 12 bags of nutrition. I had a friend follow me 1.5 hours to Montauk to park my van, and bring me to the beginning. Once I set out that morning, I would be completely on my own.

The effort was a little over 35 hours. I missed my time goal by just a bit despite an all-out sprint at the end because around mile 28 I was forced to take an emergency 2-hour break as animals had eaten the food in my first drop bag 20 miles back, causing me to bonk. Fortunately, my body recovered with rest and I was able to continue and finish strong.

Another memorable weekend adventure in the books. I feel as though I’ve gotten to know my new home a lil better.

No comments:

Post a Comment